Hello! My name is Anna (a.k.a LittleChickenGirl) and welcome to The Way Of The Chicken! Here, I share my enthusiasm for these amazing backyard birds.
A little bit about me…
I got my first five chicks when I was twelve. Since then, my love for the little creatures has done nothing but grow…
I live near the west coast with a whole coop full of chickens… and then some more… that live in my 2nd coop (at least until the new coop is built). Seriously, it really did only start out as five. Chickens are just the least bit addictive. Once you’ve had a few, you just need all those other breeds—especially the ones with the most interesting features.
To see me with my flock, please visit my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6SfqNW0H01gKUpkt8L3nw?view_as=subscriber
I am a firm believer in the Bible, that it is the infallible Word of God. Jesus is my Lord and Savior and I believe that He died for the sin of the world because He loves us. ✝
Image featured above from kjvbiblewallpapers.blogspot.com by Hannah
Things I Like:
- Chickens (I probably didn’t need to mention that). I actually love all birds and poultry in general (except guineas. No offense to you guinea enthusiasts. I’ve just had bad experiences with those).
- Art (painting, drawing & etc). 🖌
- Crafting (making greeting cards, home-made jewelry & etc). 💌
- Music (particularly the piano). 🎹 🎶🎵
- Poetry and creative writing.
- Health and nutrition.
- Nature & Science.🌱🌸🍃🍄🌿🌼🍂🌷🐾🌾
- Emoticons & Memes (as you might have observed).
- Sadly, I can’t tell you what my favorite breed of chicken is (to be absolutely honest). If it is a chicken, I will name it, hug it and feed it the yummiest bugs that I can possibly dig up from the compost pile… no matter how
weirdinteresting that chicken may look. 🐣🐥🐓 However, I am particularly partial to cresteds (such as Polishes, Crevecoeurs, Houdans, Silkies, Appenzeller Spitzhaubens and some Landrace breeds (such as Sweedish Flowers and Icelandics). I also love chocolate egg layers (such as Welsummers) and olive Eggers (a type of Easter egger). My favorite color variations (as seen in chickens) are likely Mille Fleurs (as seen in Belgian D’Uccles), Tolbunt (as seen in Polishes), red/brown Partridge (as seen in Welsummers. The same pattern is known as just plain ‘brown’ in some breeds such as leghorns), Black, Golden-laced, lavender (particularly as seen in white crested Polishes) and… wait a minute… I could go on and on! They’re all beautiful.